Firstly may I say that from the start it was apparent that the green
picked for the match was in immaculate condition but the Great British Weather
had intervened and made it a different green from the one that had been
practice on, It actually speeded up as the day wore on.
A lovely green surface
with more and more brown appearing as the game progressed, very difficult to
Must say though that the away side picked it up as it was on the day
and they all produced quality bowls.
1. Paul battled hard but was not
comfortable on the Green, recorded no 2's, battled hard to get to 13.
2. Again Simon found the green difficult, but 14 was a creditable score.
3. Probably the best all round game of the day. Nick stuck to it when he could quite easily
been out of the game. Finished off with 2 good runs at the end.
4. After a good start, Darren only held on to the jack once for more than one end after
that, kept battling.
5. Good comeback from 9-1 down, unlucky not to win
especially with him counting 2 bowls a foot off in the corners and his
opponent picking up the jack for a dead end.
6. Mom performance from Chris's
opponent who never seemed to bowl a bad bowl, always under pressure.
7. What a start from Leighton going 10- 1 up, after that his opponent gave him no chance
as he bowled immaculately.
Very promising debut game.
8. A great comeback from
9-1, Graham then got into the game and and found a straightforward mark
finishing off the game with a run 0f 8. Well played Graham , a thoroughly
deserved 1st win.
9.Not Marcus's day, but his opponent did not give him a lot
10. Carl kept it simple and was on the day the most consistent
performer with very few bad bowls. Just edged the
Welsh Mom award.
11.Again Francis played it simple and with a good run in the middle of the game won
12.Craig could not keep hold of the jack only twice during the
game putting 2 ends together.
Beaten by a better team on the day with a lot of
their players having big breaks. Having the jack and keeping it was the
difference on the day especially with the green picking up speed as the day